City Council Synopsis 20150924
Consideration of Items for Consent Agenda
Mayor Buelterman called the consent agenda to order at 6:30PM on August 14, 2014. Those present were Paul Wolff, Monty Parks, Rob Callahan, Wanda Doyle, Barry Brown and Bill Garbett. Also attending were Diane Schleicher, City Manager; Bubba Hughes, City Attorney; Tommy Branch, Callaway, Braun, Riddle and Hughes, PC; George Shaw, Manager, Planning and Zoning Department; and Janet LeViner, Clerk of Council.
Mayor Buelterman listed the following items on the consent agenda:
· Entertainment License Request – Toppin Hotdogs; Current business/license holder. License number #03015, Full Service Restaurant
· Special Event Consideration; Coast Guard Survival Training: October 21, 8:00AM – 4:00PM; North Beach area
· Special Event Consideration; Gifted – Film Production: October 7 – November 19 (Scenario #1 OR Scenario #2). Scenario #1: October 7 – 15, October 12, October 16 as described on the filming schedule. Scenario #2: October 7 – 9, October 12 – 14, October 27 – 28, October 29, November 16 as described on the filming schedule page.
· Out-of-state travel, Jason Buelterman, A National Summit on Unprecedented Coastal Flooding, October 23 – 25, 2015; Hampton, New Hampshire. Travel and lodging to be paid for by the Rising Tides 2015.
· The purpose of this agenda item is a request to amend the fiscal year 2015-16 general fund operating and capital budget to re-allocate funds of $95,000 within the Public Works Department Divisions and the beach related division. City Council’s approval to amend the General Operating and Capital Fund budget for fiscal year 2015-16 by re-allocating $ among the Public Works Department and Beach Related Division. The amendment includes changes to the approved capital projects. During the City Council meeting the Public Works Director and City Manage will provide an explanation for the reallocation. The detailed budget amendment request is included as Attachment A.
· Derelict Structures Removal – Thomas & Hutton Construction Services – Additional Required Services by COE Project Permit – Bird monitoring – T&M not to exceed $31,000
· North Beach Dune Maintenance Project & Derelict Structures Removal Project – Sea Oats Proposal – Earth Balance, Kissimmee, FL - $14,500 total which includes providing 11,000 – 2 inch sea oat plants and installation. Acct number – 340-6125-54-1460 and 340-6125-54-1463
· Out-of-state travel, Chief Robert Bryson, 2015 Myrtle Beach Special Events Summit, November 8 – 10, 2015
· Permission for City of Tybee Island to apply for the GUFA/GFC Circuit Rider Arborist Program
· Post Theatre transactions/options
· Recommendations of Finance Committee re: Citizens Audit Committee. Recommendation to dissolve.
Mayor Buelterman called the regular meeting to order at 7:00PM. All those present for the consent agenda were present.
Call to Order
Posting of the Colors, American Legion Post 154
Pledge of Allegiance
Invocation – Jan LeViner
Tybee Island Youth Council Swearing-in Ceremony
Consideration of Boards, Commissions and Committee Appointments.
Bryan Knakiewicz, Community Resource Committee. Wanda Doyle recused. Paul Wolff made a motion to approve. Rob Callahan seconded. Vote was unanimous, 5-0.
Advisory Opinions in accordance with Sec 23-42, 54-2011. Special meeting to be set.
Consideration Local Requests and Applications – Funding, Special Events, Alcohol License
Special Event Consideration: Beach Pizza – Motion Picture: October 11 – 26; locations and times detailed within attached application. Request removed.
Paul Wolff made a motion to approve the consent agenda. Barry Brown seconded. Vote was unanimous, 6-0.
Consideration of Ordinances, Resolution
Second Reading, 25-2015, Sec 22-166, Definitions, Scale. Paul Wolff made a motion to approve. Rob Callahan seconded. Vote was unanimous, 6-0.
Second Reading, 26-2015, Sec 12-1, Use of Municipal Beaches and Facilities. Paul Wolff made a motion to approve. Rob Callahan seconded. Vote was unanimous, 6-0.
Second Reading, 27-2015, Sec 22-177, Use of DPW Transfer Station. Paul Wolff made a motion to approve. Bill Garbett seconded. Vote was unanimous, 6-0.
Council, Officials and City Attorney Considerations and Comments
· Short term rentals. No action taken.
· Plastic film recycling. No action taken
· Update on status of DPW Transition Station. No action taken
Paul Wolff made a motion to adjourn to Executive Session to discuss litigation, personnel and real-estate acquisition. Paul Wolff seconded. Vote was unanimous, 6-0.
Rob Callahan made a motion to return to regular session. Monty Parks seconded. Vote was unanimous, 6-0.
Rob Callahan made a motion to adjourn. Paul Wolff seconded. Vote was unanimous, 6-0.
Meeting adjourned at 8:50PM
Janet LeViner, CMC